Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Joys of Training Female Clients

The blog I'm about to write is in no way intended to offend any males.  As a trainer, I have had the pleasure and opportunity to train hundreds of males that had all kinds of different fitness goals.  So the blog I am about to write are just some of my views and keep in mind they are very general view points.  I still train males in my bootcamp, and I have alot of fun in my co-ed bootcamp and I still enjoy training males very much.  By the same token, I have an all exclusive B.O.S.S Fit Ladies program and you can never duplicate that experience.  So, this article is going to focus on my joys and personal experiences with training female clients.  This blog is for the ladies :)

In my experience as a trainer, I enjoy training female clients.  The reasons are:

1) Females are very attention detailed oriented
2) Females listen extremely well to information and when you give them new exercises they are very eager to learn
3) Females do not have a big ego.  They are more focused on their goals and seem more driven to attain them.
4) Females are more empathetic when you are not having a great day.  They are generally more understanding.  As a trainer, you play the coach, the therapist at the same time.  Sometimes we need a shoulder to lean on too.
5)  Females do not try to lift more weight than the trainer and say
 "See my muscles are bigger and stronger than yours, what am I paying you for?"  Their focus isn't on "Hey bro how much can you bench press?"  "Bro how much can you squat?" "Bro how much can you deadlift?" "Hey bro how much can you lift?"
6) Although, I do not watch Sex in the City or The Kardashians on tv, in real life some of the female conversations are utterly outrageous and the humour gets me in touch with my feminine side.  Errr well maybe not but I think you get to know what I mean.
7) Females focus on more than just chest and arms.  You see, females generally like to tone their legs, butt, arms, and core.  Male clients seem to focus on chest and arms and end up developing muscle imbalances and bad posture.
8) By training females, I begin to understand how their mindset works.  I can never figure out woman, but hearing their perspective I am one step closer to finally figuring it all out :)
9) Female clients are very caring and in my personal experience as a trainer, they know how to treat a trainer right!  I've been lucky enough to have many of my female clients bring me food, especially after a long training session and I'm extremely hungry.
10) I'm about to be a dad, and I am about to bring a baby girl into the world.  Some of the best advice I have ever been given has been passed on by moms from my bootcamp.  I am more than blessed to have such caring clients that have given me their wisdom about being a parent.

There you have it my top 10 reasons.  Until the next blog, stay tuned.  If you are a female in the Toronto area and you are interested in losing weight, toning up, having fun and get in serious shape come to my exclusive B.O.S.S Fit Ladies program Monday, Wednesday, Friday 9:30am-10:30am at Ryouko Martial Arts, 91 Rylander Blvd, Unit 1-21.  416-284-8861 or email bossfitness@live.com

Yours in good health,

Coach Corey

No comments:

Post a Comment